czwartek, 30 stycznia 2014

On arrival training

I haven’t been writing for a while, and now I have quite a few posts to write as many things happened. I will start from the oldest event – on arrival training. Such trainings are organized for all EVS volunteers. The aim of such session is to gain information about EVS, support during the project. Our training took place in the end of November in Slavske, nice small town in Carpathian Mountains. In fact most of information I already received from both my Host Organization and Sending Organization, so I listened to it for a third time. It doesn’t mean that the whole 5 days were boring and useless, as we got more detailed information, it was a great opportunity to get to know other volunteers and exchange our experience, ideas, fears, disappointments, just anything, and also we can got some cultural information from first hand, talk more about cultural differences, so called cultural shock, and analyze/simulate some crisis or conflict situation which can be useful in our work on project.
First impression hearing the stories of other volunteers was that we (me and Daphnee) are very lucky, because we don’t have any problem with a flat, we live in really great conditions, we even didn’t expect, we have good communication with organization and people. I don’t want to present some idyllic dream we are living here, that’s too much of course, but this training let me realize that we should appreciate what we have here very much.
We met a lot of people who do their EVS in Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova and are from various European countries. the biggest group was from…PolandJ And unusual for me for the first time I was happy to see so many Polish people abroadJ J On such events people quite fast create relation with each other, somehow get attached, and it’s always quite sad to leave. It’s obvious that we won’t stay in touch with all people, its’ impossible, but I hope that some acquaintances will survive. Anyway, just meeting all of these people was very good and interesting experience, I’m always very happy to get to know foreigners and learn something about their countries, see the differences. And now our travels to some places in Ukraine are easier as we know people there. And writing from perspective we had already two visits from our training friends, but about it I’ll write in next posts.

Some pictures from Slavske:


Plan of our activities

and plan after some creative changes :D


 Pictures from our exploration of the town. We had to present the photos and get to know some practical information from locals




 We are still like children in our souls

Polish group

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz